McCracken County Fair
McCracken County fair bringing back swine: A 47-years tradition six day fair features harness racing, car racing, horse shows, a midway, and a multitude of agriculture, livestock, crafts exhibits, a talent show, children’s activities, a demolition derby, talent show, exhibits, carnival rides, and motorcycle races.
Heavyweight, middleweight, and lightweight are words often associated with boxing and wrestling, but at the McCracken County Fair this year the terms will describe the entrants of the youth swine competition. Selected McCracken County Fair Exhibitors will be qualified to enter their exhibits in the KY State Fair. Also reintroduced the pig contest after an absence of 15 years. This swine show supports young people," said Doug Wilson, McCracken County Extension.
Fair features many entertaining events and special days, most happening just one or a few days only. Be sure to mark your calendar, so you don't miss any of them! Attendants at the fair have much to enjoy between scheduled events. Come and see all of the events that take place during the entire year at the Carson Park, 300 N. 30th Street. , Paducah, KY fairgrounds!
McCracken County Fair Will Feature Following Fun Activities:
Definition of Categories For Talent Contest
Dance Solo and Ensemble Categories – Shall consist of a performance on stage, but must not assume visual importance in the performance. Acrobatics or gymnastics will be judged in another category. Vocal performances will not be judged.
Acrobatic/Gymnastic Solo or Group – Shall consist of a solo or group performance. At least 1/3 of the performance must be acrobatics or gymnastics, but no more than 2/3 of the performance should be acrobatic or gymnastic movements. This should be a choreographed performance.
Variety – Shall consist of a performance by one or more persons. This category is intended to provide a proper showcase for those acts which are not listed in any other category, example: ventriloquist, juggler or comedian. (A vocalist or vocal group accompanying themselves would not normally meet this test.) All persons assuming visual importance in the acts must meet the age qualification. Performers who fit the description of another category may not appear in the Variety Category.
Interview information for McCracken county fair beauty pageant contestants
- Contestants will be called to interview RANDOMLY.
- Greet the judges with your name and contestant number.
- RELAX and LISTEN. You will have 5 minutes and up to 8 questions. You will pick a question holder
- Give it to one of the judges to read out loud to you and the other judges.
- THINK a moment and then answer honestly and to the best of your ability.
- Pick another question holder and as above let the judge read it, THINK, and then answer. Continue the process as time allows.
- At the conclusion of your interview, thank the judges, and go on to the dressing area to socialize and prepare for the Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit.
- Dont discuss the questions or your answers with anyone at this time.
730 Gholson Rd.
Paducah, Ky 42001
Horse Show Contact
Horse Classes: S W
1349 Fredman Lane
Paducah, Ky 42001
Miss Kentucky County Fair Info
555 Jeannings Rd.
Grand Rivers, KY 42045
McCracken County Office
2705 Olivet Church Road
Paducah, KY 42001-9755
Phone: (270) 554-9520
Fax: (270) 554-8283
For further reading list:
If you like 'McCracken County Fair ', you also may be interested in following articles . . .